From 1920 until 1976, Fakenham had a total of three cinemas in operation.
The longest running of these was The Central, open from 1936 up until 1967. It has now reopened as a Hollywood cinema. However, Fakenham’s first cinema began in 1920, as The Electric Pavilion, or The Regal. It had been converted from a drill hall for the T.A., and a skating rink, and after it ceased to show films, it turned into a garage. Finally, Cinema on Norwich Road changed from an old school during the silent era films, and later became a furniture store after its closure.